Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bump Update: K's 24 Weeks!



How far along? 24 weeks! Hello SIX months!!!! And Happy V-Day to me! The 24 week mark is typically also the age of viability, which means that God forbid I had to deliver the baby today most hospitals see 24 weeks as the time when they will use intensive medical intervention to save my little girl. I know that the risk of giving birth this early is still very high, but I do find a small glimmer of hope in the fact that my little girl would hopefully have a fighting chance. I may sound crazy, but to me my little girl is already my world. 
Baby Is the size of: a cantaloupe
Sleep: Sleeping like a rock! But every now & then I I feel a little someone dancing in my belly in the middle of the night. And my hubby sleeps with his hand on her which warms my heart :) 
Miss Anything? Wine. We went to dinner with friends on Saturday and it was so hard to watch everyone devouring bottles of red wine. Boo sparkling water :( 
Anything making you nauseous: Nope! We made mexican food the other day and it was delightful.
Have a bump yet? Yes and I swear I can feel it stretching.
Gender : A sweet baby GIRL!  
Belly Button in or out? Well, it looks like my innie-outtie has decided to poke out on just the top half. It's very strange.  
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: So very happy! 
Total weight gain/loss: 15 lbs :) Little munchkin is growing!
Maternity clothes? I never thought I would say this but I am SO over dresses right now. I just want some decent jeans that fit me and some flowy tops. I don't feel like putting lotion on my legs or trying to see over my bump to shave every single day! Time to go shopping!  
Stretch marks? Some from puberty but none from pregnancy yet. 
Exercise of the week: Lots of walks and stretching. I've been spending a lot of quality time with my furbaby outside enjoying the gorgeous weather.   
Happiest moment this week: This week started rough but ended so great! If you read my post about Baby Pete's heartbeat you'll learn all about the little scare we had last week. But I've officially started nesting which has been therapeutic for me and is allowing me to relax while preparing for baby. All of that relaxing/not stressing must have paid off because our little one's heartbeat is back on track!! PRAISE GOD!!! And to top off the week, we are almost done painting! My hubby loved getting his hand dirty & grey for his little girl's nursery. 
Movement:Oh yes! Love my little ballerina girl.    
Food cravings:  PIZZA! If it was healthy,  I could seriously eat pizza & wings everyday.
Labor Signs: No
Favorite pregnancy product: Coconut oil. I've been getting itchy and this does the trick!
Looking forward to: Hopefully a weekend that is not totally devoted to baby stuff. I want to enjoy these final weekends of summer with my hubby as a family of two. We cannot wait to meet our little girl, but it's so important for us to balance parenthood and marriage.So here's to a weekend full of romance & love.  

XO Krista 

No comments:

Post a Comment