Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What I Learned in 5 Days

I am thanking God right now as I write this.....

 For 7 years now, Jalen has been a big brother. My time has been divided in 3 ways (4 if you count the hubs). There are many times where our alone time is far and few in between. Tatum and Leila, Tatum especially, are pretty much obsessed with their big brother. They follow his every move. Wherever Jalen goes, they follow. Whatever Jalen wants to do, they want to do. Whatever Jalen doesn't want to do, they don't want to do. If Jalen has friends over, you will definitely find Tatum up in the mix as if he is 13 years old as well. If Jalen would rather relax at home and enjoy some time to himself rather than go to the beach, well you guessed it.... they want to stay home too. As frustrating as it can be, it does warm my heart. To know that God has blessed me with such a selfless son who does not mind the company of his siblings, who initiates all the fun wrestling matches they have in the basement, or the baseball and basketball games they play outside, or even cuddles with his little sister and watches a show with her, amazes me every day.

There are times though when Jalen does need his time. There are times when Jalen does need time with mom and dad. This past week, we were blessed with that time. Tatum and Leila spent the last 5 days at Vacation Bible School for 3 hours every morning. During that time, Jalen and I were able to just hang out. One of my favorite things to do  has now turned into one of his favorite things to do. How awesome was it that I was able to enjoy a good workout with the company of my 13 year old son!? His good friend (whom I also like to call my son) joined us and we were able to have great conversation and a great workout. No interruptions. 
Tatum & Leila at VBS! 

One morning we grabbed a basketball and went outside for a game of HORSE and one on one (which I did feel for days after.) It was so fun! And so funny. Hence the many laughs he had at me trying to play defense and fouling every time. What made my heart smile was when he said "Mom, that was fun." 







This week has taught me to just let go of the busy day to day stuff and slow down. I have learned to be in the moment and embrace every minute I have with these 3 blessings God gave me. Time is all they need. One day I will wake up and they will all have families of their own. My prayer is that they will be able to give to their children what I hope I am giving to them. Time. Experience. Memories. It's not how many shoes, toys, or clothes I bought them. It's the time I shared with them. 

XO Tierra

1 comment:

  1. I like this, I'll have to keep it in mind when we have more kids. Not for another couple years lol.

    ReplyDelete