Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hayes Baby Sprinkle!


There are few things my sister & I enjoy more than planning events! But planning a celebration for my sissy? Well, that takes the cake! When we found out that Tierra was expecting she immediately knew that she wanted to have a “gender reveal” (I say gender here, although I know “sex” is the correct term… Sex reveal sounds a bit too risqué for this kind of party though). This was the perfect opportunity for family, friends and loved ones to gather around and celebrate their newest addition in a unique way.  Plus, her three little ones were so excited to find out if they would be getting a baby sister or brother so we knew we had to do something special for them to find out! I suggested the idea of a baby sprinkle where we could also spoil them with a few things they may need to get ready for another baby 5 years after having their last. Then it was time to start planning!

If you know Tierra, you know that she LOVES children. On any given day, you can expect to find her hosting what appears to be a kindergarten class in her home or running around town with her own kids and friend’s children to as many different activities as possible. It is her absolute joy in life to have children around at all times, so I shouldn’t have been surprised when she handed me her guest list and there were more kids on the list than adults. My mother, her in-laws & I knew that we would have to find a place that would accommodate and cater to both an adult & kid crowd.

Trying to decide on a theme & location was easier than expected when we started to compile a list of the things my sister loves. What’s at the top of Tierra’s favorite things list: farms, picnics & sunflowers. We just knew we could tie all of these together to create a beautiful & fun celebration. And to tie in gender reveal, we would add a “What will it bee?” twist. It took my mom & I no more than five minutes to decide that   Johnson’s Farm was the perfect location to celebrate Baby Hayes. The farm includes barnyard animals, a park, tented event space, hayrides, crop picking, and an adorable little market filled with delicious treats. Now that we had the space, it was time to decide on details! I am a detail freak! I obsess over small details and love how a little personality can add so much to an event. Once I get started, it’s so hard for me to stop. Here are some of my favorite details from the baby sprinkle.

I chose Tiny Prints for the invitations, and was so happy to find a Baby Sprinkle design that fell into our color scheme for the day. 



This is what my house looked like for weeks! Mason jars, picnic baskets, straws, and chalkboards everywhere! 



It was time to get started on party favors! Since we were doing a picnic/farm theme I wanted to find edible treats that would work for both children and adults. For the kids, I created S'mores in a Jar, using mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and teddy grahams. 



For the adults, I chose honey & jam in a jar. 


I spent several  nights filling jars, twining lids, finding milk jars and chalkboards, creating signs, finding food & dessert inspiration, and crafting non-stop. My mom literally shopped til she dropped, picking up lists full of items we created daily and finding things my sister  would love along the way. We made a great team! And we are so happy with the way it turned out. More importantly, we are thrilled that Tierra and her beautiful family thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Here are some of my favorite photos from the day! 


 The name game was an absolute hit!!! Her guests came up with some hilarious combinations, but a few of them actually got the names correct!



 The "Momosa Bar" was something I just had to incorporate! I wanted to do a spin on a regular mimosa bar, so I chose some different flavored sparkling ciders and juices, labeled them with mini chalkboards, added some fruit toppings, and these adorable "Buzzed" bee napkins. It was a hit!

One of Tierra's very dear friends is an extremely talented baker. We were thrilled when she agreed to create the "What will it bee" theme cupcakes filled with either blue or pink icing. They came out better than we could have ever imagined! 




I had so much fun with the Cravings Station! We found these YUM bags at Crate & Barrel and filled them with popcorn for the salty section, bags of potato chips were our crunchy craving, rice crispy treats worked perfectly for the chewy treat, and homemade pies (not pictured) were our sweet craving. 




The beautiful family arrived & it was time to get the party started! 










 The bottle game was the perfect game for kids and adults! The men got such a kick out of it! We filled baby bottles with orange juice and watched as everyone tried everything they could to finish their bottle first. 




Time for the gender reveal!!! This was SO much fun!!! All of the guests chanted either BLUE or PINK depending on what sex they thought the baby was. Look at my niece and nephews faces! Priceless! 


  
It's a girl!!! Sweet little Noa Lily will be joining the Hayes family this fall!! 





I wish I could relive this day again. It was absolute perfection and such a joy to see the love and happiness in my family's eyes. They are such an amazing family and Noa is going to be so blessed to be surrounded by their love everyday. Congratulations Hayes family! 

XO Krista 

2 comments: