Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Friday, August 1, 2014

A Slice of Summer: Part III "Take Me To The Beach"

Oh the beach! The glorious beach! There's not one bad thing I can say about this beautiful creation from God. From the moment I pulled up and heard the waves I knew that it was going to be a worry-free, stress-free day. And it was! 

This past week was what I call a "blah week". I can't pinpoint one thing that made me feel like I was sad, alone, frustrated, confused, angry, and just helpless these past 8 days. I am usually a strong, happy, optimistic person, but for some reason I couldn't find those emotions. Hormones? Maybe. A lot of it has to do with personal things going on in my life that I have given to God. I pray on them. I continue to have faith that it will all work out in His time, not mine. I'm human though. I do have moments of sadness or frustration, but I never give up on Him. Could it be me? I put a lot of pressure on myself to be "perfect". The perfect wife. The perfect mom. The perfect friend. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. So on and so forth. I put everyone before myself, but what mom doesn't? So, when I feel like I'm lacking in an area I beat myself up. I have moments of feeling like I do do do for everyone else, which I love, but I get nothing in return. Not a good feeling.

So when one of my close friends asked us to join her and our 2 other friends at the beach I knew I had to go. We've been in the house the past 2 days and boy was I getting cabin fever! Not to mention my husband had been working away on business for the past 3 days. I needed to get the kids out....and myself!

We packed up the cooler, threw on our swim gear, hopped in the van, and never looked back. The car ride was actually peaceful. No arguing about who's looking at whom. No fighting over what song to put on. Just peace and laughter. 

The weather was perfect. Hot, but not too hot. No wind. They enjoyed digging in the sand, playing soccer, running, eating everything! It was just what summer was meant to be like. 


Tatum was so into finding sand crabs. He even taught me a few things about them. Man, I love his love for science and all of God's creations! 



Leila, although a little fearful of the waves, went right in and splashed around. She swam with her friends and their little mermaids. 


Jalen, who surprises me every time we go to the beach, swam farther and farther out to ride the waves. 


As for me, I enjoyed the company of some awesome women God placed in my life. We talked, laughed, played with our kids, and just enjoyed the moment. I found happiness in watching my kids have fun. Not one second did I think about my "blah week". It truly was what I needed. 







The next day I laid out our sea shells, some paint, and paintbrushes outside by our pool. We painted and chatted about what a great day we had. :-)



XO Tierra

No comments:

Post a Comment