Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Must-Haves: Momma Muscles!

Happy Monday mommas! Let's start this week off right. Staying fit while pregnant takes a little adjusting but it's not impossible. In fact, it's encouraged! Now I admit, I love working out and feeling my body get stronger, but even if you don't enjoy spending your days in the gym (like my sissy!) these exercises are simple, yet effective, and can be done just about anywhere! 

1. Shoulder Press


2. Bicep Curl


3. Lunges


4. Squats


5. Walking


Consult your doctor before engaging in any exercise. I worked out before my pregnancy, so I just continue with my regular routine. I do a Body Pump class twice a week which is a constant weight strengthening full body workout for an hour. Once a week I do upper body strength training and once a week I do lower body strength training. Twice a week I do yoga. I walk one to two miles every day.
My doctor says to not lift weights heavier than 30 pounds. Though every doctor may be different. 

If you have never worked out before your pregnancy I suggest walking, swimming, and prenatal yoga. The exercises pictured can't hurt either if you just do very low weight (5lbs) for your arms and no weights for your lower body (3 sets of 10 reps).
IMPORTANT: Make sure you drink plenty of water before, during, and after. Don't do any exercises that require you to lay on your back. Stretch a lot after you exercise to prevent injuries. 

What are some of your favorite fitness tips? 
XO Tierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment