Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bump Update: K's 18 Weeks!

18 Weeks on One Happy Island! 



How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds gained, may be more. I'll find out when we get home! 
Baby Is the size of: a sweet potato! 
Maternity clothes? Nope! Although I avoid my skinny jeans like the plague! Still throwing on maxi and flowy short dresses! And this week I've been living in bikinis & cover ups. 
Stretch marks? Some from puberty but none from pregnancy yet. 
Exercise of the week: Lots of walking & swimming. 
Sleep:  My left leg tends to ache in the middle of the night from sleeping on my side causing me to toss and turn. Usually around 4am, I'm wide  awake for at least an hour until I get comfy again. 
Happiest moment this week: Finding out the sex of our baby under the stars in Aruba! 
Miss Anything? This week has been tough since I'm not in the U.S and am being slightly more cautious with what I eat. Our hotel has a sushi bar which kills me every time I walk by. Most servers on the island are unaware of whether certain cheeses are pasteurized here so I've steered clear unless it's mozzarella/cheddar, piping hot and melted. And many of the restaurants are primarily seafood restaurants which I have to watch for mercury contents. So ultimately, this week, I miss being able to eat without question. Although, I know in the end it's definitely worth the sacrifice. 
Movement: Yes! Little munchkin is kicking a lot more now and my hubby felt it for the first time. So cute!! 
Food cravings: Fruit! I eat a lot of watermelon!
Anything making you nauseas: Mexican food.
Have a bump yet? yes, definitely! And loving it! 
Gender prediction: We know after an awesome reveal! I can't say yet since our families still don't know but we can't wait to share the news :) 
 Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? I’ve always had what I like to call an “innie-outtie”
Favorite pregnancy product: This week, Honest Co. Sunscreen. It's been keeping my face & belly well-protected. It's a teeny tiny bottle so I've been using Neutrogena sunscreen on my other body parts at times. My doctor said it doesn't matter which kind I use but I still shopped for the ones with the least amount of potentially harmful chemicals.  
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Enjoying the rest of this amazing babymoon, seeing my family and my sweet puppy when we get home, and going to the Beyonce & Jay Z concert this weekend with  my hubs, sissy, brother, and our bumps! They say our babies can hear music now, so here's to having the tiniest Bey fans around :) 

On a side note, this week we celebrated my amazing hubby's 30th birthday. When I tell you this man is everything, I mean everything :) We've spent the last 7 days of his bday trip laughing so hard we can't breathe, sharing a swim float out in the ocean for hours at a time chatting about life, feeding iguanas, watching sunset after glorious sunset, discovering Aruba's hidden and well-known gems, sleeping in (well, him anyway), and dreaming about our little one. 

So happy birthday to the best person I know, my hubby. xoxo 



2 comments:

  1. A body pillow helped me sleep more comfy during my pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea!! I will be purchasing one this week!

    ReplyDelete