Sissy Bumps

Sissy Bumps

Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Must-Haves: What's On Your Baby Registry?


Looking for the quickest route to crazy-ville? Stop by your nearest baby superstore and ask a sales person to help you start your baby registry. It goes a little something like this:

Over-excited first time momma-to-be: “Hiii! I’m having a baby! YAY! And my baby shower is in a month so I need to register! Can you help me get started?”

Salesperson (better known as a joy-kill): “Of course! Yippee! You’re expecting! Where would you like to begin? Car seats? Ok, are you looking for a bucket seat? How about a convertible car seat? Will you be purchasing a travel system? What type of car do you have? Now which weight limit would you like? 25 pound weight limit? How about 30? No, definitely 40. Everyone should register for the 40lb because who knows, you may just give birth to a gorilla. And what about your stroller? Are you looking for a jogging stroller? Who doesn’t love jogging! Ooooh A snap and go stroller? Oh, you’ll definitely need one of those? Wait- you wanted a convertible car seat? Sorry, those won’t fit into this travel system. Let’s go back to the car seats! What about this one? Pink? Green? Blue? This one has a cup holder! Cup holders are so neat! You’ll definitely NEED a cup holder.”

Birth-control anyone?

After searching through pages and pages of friends' baby shower registries literally ripping my hair out (sorry friends! Love you!) I cannot imagine what kind of misery I will go through trying to pick a pack of diapers let alone a breast pump. So mommas save me from registering for tons of teeny tiny baby onesies and headbands. What in the world do I register for?!


First things first let’s check in with my sissy, Tierra, for some of her must-haves!

Ok mommas, here's a list of things  I had to have that no one told me about while taking care of my new little ones: 

  1. I am a breast feeding momma so I desperately needed breast pads. These helped a ton with any leakage.
  2. During the beginning of breast feeding your nipples will be very sore and may also bleed. Lanolin cream is something that helped me during these times. You can find this at any drug store. 
  3. Can't forget the lovely experience of breast engorgement! Make sure you have ice packs and possibly some pain reliever to help...oh any maybe a box of tissues, I did shed a tear or two.
  4. Sorry to say, but put your sexy panties away for a bit after having baby. Time to pull out granny panties! You can definitely find some pretty panties at your favorite store.
  5. To go with those granny panties, stock up on some maxi pads. You will definitely need these after giving birth.
  6. If you plan to breast feed, you will find that you are pretty much always thirsty. Some good water bottles will come in handy for this problem.
  7. Bottles are a must whether you breast or bottle feed as well as breast milk bags to store breast milk for later use.
  8. You can never have too many diapers and wipes. 
  9. I also LOVED the sleepers (footless pjs)! They made diaper changes so quick and easy. 
  10. Make sure you have a medical first aid kit on hand.
Mommas, I haven't had a newborn in 5 years. I know times have changed a bit and products get recalled. Is there anything I'm missing? What's your must-have?

XO Tierra & Krista

2 comments:

  1. When it came time to make my registry I was so overwhelmed too!! I actually took a while and researched everything online to see what I was really going to need and it helped just walking through Babies R Us and writing things down. I put most of the basics on there, bottles,breast pump and accessories, pacifiers, burp cloths (You will need A LOT of those, lol), some clothes, carseat, stroller and other stuff. It's also good to add gift cards to the registry so you can get the things that you didn't receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the gift cards Andrea!

    ReplyDelete